If you live in a dwelling house that is not connected to the main sewer, then chances are your yard contains an on-site sewage management system (OSMS). If this is the case, then you have a special responsibility to ensure that your system is working well. The two most common on-site sewage management systems within the Upper Lachlan Shire are septic tanks and aerated wastewater treatment systems (AWTS).
The following brochures explain how these systems work and provide tips for ensuring the systems work effectively.
- Septic Tank Trench Transpiration Bed System Brochure May 2014.pdf (PDF) (532.58 KB)
- Aerated Wastewater Treatment Systems (AWTS) brochure May 2014.pdf (PDF) (588.15 KB)
Further enquiries should be directed to Council's Environment and Planning Department
- Telephone: (02) 48 301 000
- Facsimile: (02) 48 301 045
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org