Development within the Sydney Water Catchment
Sections of the Upper Lachlan Shire Council fall within the Sydney Water Catchment, where developments are proposed within the catchment the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Drinking Water Catchment) 2011 requires Council to ensure that such development has a neutral or beneficial effect on water quality (NorBE).
Council will complete a NorBE assessments for development applications (DAs) that have a lower risk to water quality and refer more complex DAs to WaterNSW for concurrence.
The following quick guide to development in the catchment aims to help you understand the DA process and how you can meet the water quality requirements for your development proposal:
- Key steps in the development application process in the catchment made simple
- What is the neutral or beneficial effect on water quality (NorBE)?
- Water quality information requirements for your DA
- How to choose and use a consultant to prepare the water cycle management study (PDF, 181.42 KB) for your DA
- List of current recommended practices and performance standards to help you design and prepare your DA