Here's a brief look at of some of the projects and activities currently underway involving Upper Lachlan Shire Council staff and contractors. Please click on the highlighted hyperlinks to see photo galleries from these jobs.
- Council has recently taken delivery of an Iveco truck which includes a Superior Pak compactor. This truck will be an addition to Council’s existing collection fleet. This additional unit will provide a backup for the essential service Council provides..
- General Manager Colleen Worthy met with Jock Graham and Pat Kelleher from Wi-Sky, a regional Internet Sevice Provider, about their proposals to supply fast internet connections and unlimited data to remote areas.
- After being badly damaged by flooding earlier this year, Council staff have made repairs to and reopened Goodhew Park in Taralga.
- General Manager Colleen Worthy spoke with managers and co-ordinators on 6th August to provide updates on the Oosoft evaluation process, restructuring and COVID practices.
- Some of the final touches have been added to Kiamma Bridge on Laggan Road, which was closed for two days this week.
- New pipeline and drainage maintenance on Sunnyside Road.
In the News
Mayor John Stafford's weekly spot on 2GN – 6th August, 2020
This week the Mayor spoke about: