Here's a brief look at of some of the projects and activities currently underway involving Upper Lachlan Shire Council staff and contractors. Please click on the highlighted hyperlinks to see photo galleries from these jobs.
- ULSC Mayor John Stafford and General Manager Colleen Worthy joined with Federal Member for Hume Angus Taylor, State Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman and Oberon Council Mayor Kathy Sajowitz and staff from both Councils for the official opening of the Abercrombie River Bridge. Eric Croker took with him a photo of his grandfather who opened the previous bridge, and Peter McAlister, whose grandfather helped build the previous bridge, was also in attendance. Story here.
- ULSC Mayor John Stafford and General Manager Colleen Worthy joined with State Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman, Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman, National Parks and Wildlife Service Area Manager Angela Lonergan, Wombeyan Caves Manager David Smith and NPWS Director Blue Mountains David Crust for an announcement of funding for a range of improvements for Wombeyan Caves. Story here.
In the News
Mayor John Stafford's weekly spot on 2GN – 27th August, 2020
This week the Mayor spoke about:
- Councillor resignations
- Proposal to rezone a portion of land in Laggan
- Wombeyan Caves announcement
- Abercrombie River Bridge opening
- Smart Grants Small Farms grants
- Manholes overflowing from heavy rains