Here's a brief look at of some of the projects and activities currently underway involving Upper Lachlan Shire Council staff and contractors. Please click on the highlighted hyperlinks to see photo galleries from these jobs.
- Council has commenced restoration work at Goodhew Park, Taralga to repair damage caused by flooding earlier this year. The work will repair extensive damage to the two playground areas over coming weeks.
- Work is continuing on the Arthursleigh Rd Bridge over Sandy Creek. We have shown pre-work photos, and some form midway through... these photos show the project nearly completed.
- These photos show some of the repair work on footpaths in Bigga
- A lot of work has been done Laggan - Crookwell Road recently. Here are some photos of the progress.
- The Crookwell Road approaches to Third Creek Road have received some valuable safety improvements including widened road shoulders and new line markings under the NSW Government’s Safer Roads Program.
- Photos of repair work done on some of the kerb and guttering at Colyer Street, Crookwell.
- GM Colleen Worthy was invited to be the guest speaker at Crookwell Day CWA's meeting on Wednesday, and spoke with the staff at Taralga Community Service Centre on Thursday.
In the News
Mayor John Stafford's weekly spot on 2GN – 23rd July, 2020
This week the Mayor spoke about:
- Crookwell Pool update
- Wheeo Rd and Grabben Gullen Rd... use of stabiliser on the road
- Tourism office videos promoting the Shire
- Neil Seaman, "Farmer wants a wife" TV show
- Mobile base station at Wombeyan Caves