Here's a brief look at of some of the projects and activities currently underway involving Upper Lachlan Shire Council staff and contractors.
Please click on the highlighted hyperlinks to see photo galleries from these jobs.
- General Manager Colleen Worthy accompanied Taralga Water Treatment Plant Operator Darren Storrier around Taralga Water Storage Dam in anticipation of the engineer's report on the dam.
- Photos from Crookwell Dam following reports that people have been using it for swimming and walking along the fenced-off wall of the dam (includes photos of youths on the wall).
- On-site photos of replacement work on Kangaloolah Road Bridge over Diamond Creek. The contractor started the physical works on 12/10/2020.
- Council's new Manager of Water, Sewer and Waste Tom Baldwin toured the Crookwell Water Treatment Plant with Water Treatment Plant Operator Darren Storrier.
- A meeting was held at Taralga War Memorial Hall for the Taralga community to discuss the safety issues at Taralga Water Storage Dam nd action being taken to address those issues. The meeting was hosted by GM Colleen Worthy and Mayor John Stafford with members of the NSW State Emergency Services, Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue NSW and NSW Police in attendance.
- Members of Fire and Rescue NSW, NSW Rural Fire Service and NSW State Emergency Services combined to help reduce the storage level of Taralga Water Storage Dam to 30% over 13th-14th October. Photos supplied.
In the News
Mayor John Stafford's weekly spot on 2GN – 8th October, 2020
This week the Mayor spoke about:
- Taralga Dam
- Council Meeting
- Crookwell Dam – swimming and walking along the wall
- Water safety
- Damaged sewer line
- Australia Day Awards
- CADS – Vicar of Dibley