A list of proposed key features and amenities for the Multipurpose Aquatic and Activities Centre, Crookwell has been developed by Upper Lachlan Shire Council for further community discussion and feedback.
“The proposals listed form part of an ongoing process of engagement and consultation that will fine tune details for the new pool complex will take,” Council General Manager Colleen Worthy said.
“We have been proactively holding consultative sessions with stakeholders such as the Crookwell Swimming Club, local mother’s groups, Crookwell High School and other users, and want to extend the discussion to all residents and ratepayers to get their feedback on the pool complex, bearing in mind financial constraints.”
The list of key features is under discussion and so far includes:
Stages 1 & 2
- 25 metre main pool
- Toddler’s beach pool with water play
- Heated indoor program pool
- Plant room with independent systems for each of the three pools
- Storage area for ropes, pool blankets etc.
- Female amenities and change rooms with disability access
- Male amenities and change rooms with disability access
- Adult assisted change room
- External amenities for the public
- Visitor Information Centre including café
- Community exhibition space
- Community multi-purpose room
- Additional activity space for U5s to U18s (inside complex)
- Inclusive play and recreation area in front of complex