Upper Lachlan Shire Council’s Manager, Assets and Design, Dr Atheer Al-Saoudi, has achieved a significant career milestone, becoming a Chartered Engineer.
Dr Al-Saoudi recently passed a professional interview with Engineers Australia, which was the final step in becoming a Chartered Engineer. He also completed examinations in the following competencies:
- Chartered Professional in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Professional in Structural Engineering
- Chartered Professional in Project Management
- National Engineering Register - Leadership & Management
- Asia-Pacific Region Engineer Register
- International Professional Engineer
As a Chartered Engineer Dr Al-Saoudi is afforded Membership with Engineers Australia, Australia’s preeminent engineering body representing engineers from all disciplines.
Council’s Acting General Manager Andrew Croke congratulated Dr Al-Saoudi on his achievement.
“This credential is recognition of Atheer’s extensive professional knowledge, which is a great asset to the Infrastructure Department and the Council at large,” Mr Croke said.