Apologies were received from Mayor Clr Pam Kensit and Clr Jo Marshall. Clr Nathan McDonald and Ms Alex Waldron, (Director of Environment & Planning) attended by Audio Video connection.
Council received and noted the activities attended by the Mayor in the period since the last Monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council.
Reports received and noted
- Development Statistics Report
- Biosecurity Report
- Works in Progress – Construction and Maintenance
- Investments for the month of June 2022
- Bank Balance and Reconciliation for the month of June 2022
- Rates and charges outstanding for the month of June 2022
- Grants Report
- Action Summary – Council decisions
- Catherine Culley – MAAC Swimming Pool petition (8 June 2022)
- Office of Local Government – Circular 22 – 17 – Increase in tendering threshold for natural disaster response and recovery related contracts – 10 June 2022.
- Office of Local Government – Circular 22-18 – Updated statutory forms under the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991 – 14 June 2022.
Re-establishment of Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
Council received late correspondence from the Office of Local Government titled “Update on membership requirements for audit, risk and improvement committees” and considered this as part of Item 13.4 Re-establishment of Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee.
Council received and noted the report on the establishment of a shared Audit, Risk and Investment Committee with Canberra Region Joint Organisation, Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council and Yass Valley Council.
Council adopted the Audit Risk and Improvement Committee (ARIC) Charter as presented and adopted by the Canberra Region Joint Organisation Board subject to ARIC committee members composition outlined in Office of Local Government Circular to Councils 22-21 – Update on membership requirements for audit, risk and improvement committees.
Council noted that the NSW Government Prequalification Scheme for Audit and Risk Committee Chairs and Members Scheme is not suitable for use by Council and joint organisations.
Council supported the provision of a non-voting Councillor member of the committee and approved Councillor Paul Culhane to apply to be the non-voting committee member.
Upper Lachlan Local Environmental Plan 2010 Land Use Tables
Council deferred the decision on Upper Lachlan Local Environmental Plan 2010 Land Use Tables and will hold a workshop to comprehensively understand the table.
Policies that were reviewed and adopted
- Transportable / Relocatable Buildings – New and Previously Constructed Policy
- Removal or Impounding of Livestock Policy
- Release of Subdivision Certificates Policy
- Street Numbering – Urban Areas Policy
- Enforcement Policy
- Keeping of Poultry (Residential Area) Policy
Power to blocks in Memory Avenue, Crookwell
Council endorsed the agreement to undertake the excavation and backfilling of the trench for Essential Energy in exchange for the relocation of the overhead power line to an underground service. Council also resolved to initiate the road closing process over the ‘paper road’ between Woodward Avenue and Memory Lane, Crookwell with the intent of creating two residential allotments noting that:
- a 2m wide easement will be required to be created over the underground power line
- a 4m wide x 24m easement for access may be required from Woodward Lane to provide future access to Lot 14
Road reserve acquisition – corner of Hume and Grovenor Streets, Gunning
That Council agree in principle to the road closing and transfer of the closed road subject to a deed of agreement being undertaken with the adjoining landowner outlining that all costs will be borne by the landowner and that a drainage easement will be created over the existing drain across Lot 51 Corner of Hume and Grovenor Streets, Gunning.
Delivery Program Bi-Annual Review 2021/2022
Council adopted the delivery Program review for the six month period ended 30 June 2022.
Review of Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities Policy
Council under Section 252, of the Local Government Act 1993, reviewed the Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities Policy and under Section 253, of the Local Government Act 1993, Council gave public notice of its intention to adopt and amend the Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities Policy allowing 28 days public exhibition period for members of the community to make public submissions.
Code of Conduct Review
Council adopted the prescribed Model Code of Conduct for Local Councils in NSW and the Procedures for the Administration of the Model Code of Conduct for Local Councils in NSW in accordance with Section 440 (7) of the Local Government Act 1993.
Council resolved to seek grants to provide additional infrastructure to warm the outdoor pool and will investigate options to generate income to cover the additional operational costs to warm the outdoor pool. Council will also investigate options to offset electricity costs.
Reports from Committees for the month of July 2022
- Breadalbane Hall Committee – Meeting Minutes from 19 June 2022.
- Gunning Shire Hall and Showground Advisory Committee – Meeting Minutes from 6 June 2022.
- Cullerin Range Windfarm Committee Fund S355 Committee meeting minutes from 30 June 2022.
- Gullen Range Windfarm Committee Fund S355 Committee meeting from 7 July 2022.
- Local Traffic Committee – Meeting Minutes from 30 June 2022.
Matters from the Local Traffic Committee Meeting
Council endorsed the following items from the Local Traffic Committee meeting of 30 June 2022.
- 4.1 Request for ‘give way’ sign at Humes Creek Bridge, Gurrundah Road
- Vegetation removal be undertaken at Humes Creek Bridge
- Further assessment be carried out of the bridge with a report to be sent to Local Traffic Committee to determine suitability of further signage and line marking in consultation with Australian Standards 1742.2-2009 Section 4.6.2 at this location.
- 4.2 Request to install a guardrail on Gundaroo Road, Gunning
- The current treatments that are being proposed are not under the delegations of the Local Traffic Committee and as such matter is referred back to Council to decide whether to proceed with recommendation in report. Further assessment including traffic count will be carried out and referred back to Local Traffic Committee if necessary.
- 4.3 Request to install ‘Reduce Speed to Conditions’ signs on the Collector-Breadalbane Road
- The Committee was advised that this item does not fall under the delegation of the Local Traffic Committee. Speed zone reviews fall under Transport for NSW. Council will submit a request for a full speed zone review to be carried out on this road.
- 4.4 Request to install ‘Give Way’ and warning signs at the intersection of Carr Street and saleyards road, Crookwell
- Install a ‘GIVE WAY’ sign on Carr Street at the intersection with Saleyards Road, including appropriate road markings.
- Install a pictorial bicycle / pedestrian sign and bi-directional sign on Carr Street 80 metres prior to the intersection with Saleyards Road.
- That the Traffic committee defer the decision on whether warning or small ‘GIVE WAY’ signs should be installed adjacent to the footpath on Saleyards Road, either side of the intersection with Carr Street.
CLOSED SESSION CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS
Land Sale Contract – Laggan Road, Crookwell
Council received and noted the report as information. Council engaged Pikes and Verekers Solicitors to hold a without prejudice meeting with the land purchasers’ solicitors. Council to indicate to Crookwell/Taralga Aged Care Ltd (CTAC) an intent to issue a notice proposing to rescind the Contract for the Land Sale Purchase and Purchase of Land at Laggan Road, Crookwell.
Contract for the supply and delivery of Bulk Fuel
Council accept the following organisations for the supply and delivery of bulk fuel commencing in July 2022:-
- Lowes Petroleum
- Onsite Fuel Rural – Xpress Group
- Park Fuels P/L
Council delegated the General Manager authority to execute the Bulk Fuel contract/s for a two-year term, with a twelve-month contract extension option and will advise Central NSW Joint Organisation of Council’s decision.
Tender for slope stability works on Wombeyan Caves Road
Council accepted the Tender for Construction of slope stability works, from Specialised Site Services at a lump sum price of $797,074.72 (inclusive of GST) for the slope stability works on Wombeyan Caves Road.