There were no apologies tendered.
Council received and noted the activities attended by the Mayor in the period since the last Monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council. The Mayor also made a statement about the project to increase the size of Wyangala Dam, following which Council resolved to contact Water NSW and Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman about concerns regarding consultation and communication regarding the feasibility of the proposal.
Presentations to Council
Jo Marshall (Australian Agricultural Centre) presented a proposal to redevelop the Crookwell I Wind Farm viewing platform.
David Soo & John Troughtom (Orbigo) presented a proposal for a community-focused portal and app.
Information only reports
Council received and noted the following information
- Investments for the months of December 2020 & January 2021
- Bank Balance and Reconciliation – December 2020 & January 2021
- Rates and Charges Outstanding for the months of December 2020 and January 2021
- Library Services 2nd Quarter Report 2020/2021
- Action Summary – Council Decisions
- Grants Report
- Development Statistics for the months of December 2020 & January 2021
Council Managed Crown Land Reserves Categorisation
Council resolved to consider Council Managed Crown Land Reserves Categorisation at a Councillor workshop prior to the next Council Meeting.
Amendments to Upper Lachlan DCP 2010
Council resolved to consider amendments to the Upper Lachlan Development Control Plan 2010 at a future Councillor Workshop.
Adapting the Council Infrastructure for changing circumstances
Council endorsed the preparation of as Planning Proposal for a Gateway Determination to amend the Upper Lachlan Local Environment Plan 2010.
Proposed changes to Upper Lachlan Local Emergency Management Committee
Council agreed to combine the Upper Lachlan Local Emergency Management Committee with the Goulburn Mulwaree Management Committee.
Plant Replacement Policy
Council adopted the reviewed Plant Replacement Policy.
Quarterly Budget Review Statements – 2nd Quarter 2020/2021
Council adopted the 2nd Quarter Budget Review Statements for 2020/2021 including revotes of income and expenditure to the Operational Plan, and endorsed the Operational Plan Performance Summary Report.
Reports received and noted by Council
- COVID 19 Report.
- Building Better Regions Fund
- Council resolved to make an application to the Building Better Region Fund for the Goulburn to Crookwell Rail Trail.
- Council resolved to resubmit the grant application for as part of the Building Better Regions Fund if criteria allows
- Alcohol Free Zone
- Council resolved to re-establish the alcohol free zone for a period of 4 years for the period 26 February 2021 to 27 February 2025 in listed areas.
- Review of Private Sewer Pump Station Policy
- Council adopted the Private Sewer Pump Station Policy.
- Independent Auditors Report and Presentation of the 2019/2020 Council Financial Statements
- Capital Budget Program Report
- Council Internal Audit report
- The Committee endorsed the 4 year Internal Audit Plan for 2020/2021 to 2023/2024 with the initial review of the plan to be completed by June 2021.
- The Chairperson further recommended that the Manager Risk, Audit and Improvement, Jovan Pejic, be commended and a letter of thanks provided on the scholarly and comprehensive nature of the report provided.
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Chairperson Report
Reports from Committees for the months of December 2020 / January 2021 / February 2021
- Bigga Progress Association – Minutes from Meeting held 16 December 2020.
- Audit, Risk and Investment Committee – Minutes: 16 December 2020.
- Collector Oval Committee – Minutes from Meeting held 21 January, 2021.
Various Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Community Representative Applications
Council appointed community representatives to each of the following:
- Taralga Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Committee
- Craig Croker
- Brian Corby
- Collector Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Committee
- Katie Yeo
- Robert Carter
- Biala Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Committee
- Paul Hewitt
- Scott Keyworth
- Gullen Range Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Committee
- Nominated person to be consulted
- Crookwell II Wind Farm Community Fund S355 Committee
- Katrina Nixon
- Nominated person to be consulted
Tree Maintenance and Roadside Vegetation Control Services Tender
Council accepted the recommendation of the tenderers submissions from AAA Spraying, Agile Arbour and Asplundh.