There were no apologies.
Council received and noted the activities attended by the Mayor in the period since the last Monthly Ordinary Meeting of Council.
Election of Deputy Mayor
The Mayor declared Councillor John Searl elected as Deputy Mayor for the remainder of this Council term, unopposed.
Works in Progress
Council received and noted a detailed report of Constriction and Maintenance Works in Progress, submitted by Director of Infrastructure, Glenn Lacey.
Budget revotes to carry forward to internal restricted reserve
- Council approved the 2020/2021 transfers to the Council internal reserve fund totalling $5,187,172 including revote of uncompleted capital works expenditure projects and internal reserve funds movements.
- Council approved the short-term removal of internal restricted reserve funds at 30 June 2021 including; the Plant and Equipment Replacement Reserve, Building and Infrastructure Improvements Reserve and Gravel Pit Restoration Reserve totalling $2,611,193. The internal restricted reserve funds will be replenished in reporting period ending 30 June 2022.
Disclosures of Interest by Councillors and designated persons under Clause 4.21 of the Council Code of Conduct
Council noted the tabling of the Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest Returns by Councillors and Designated Persons for reporting period 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021. The register is available for viewing on Council’s website.
Council Meetings – Times and Frequency
Ordinary Council Meetings are to be held on the third Thursday of the month (with the exception of January 2022 meeting) at Crookwell Council Chambers and/or remotely by webcast (no meeting is held in December 2021 due to local government elections held 4 December 2021) with all council meetings to commence at 9:00am, as per the following schedule of meeting times and dates:-
• Thursday, 21 October 2021 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 18 November 2021 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 13 January 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 17 February 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 17 March 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 21 April 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 19 May 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 16 June 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 21 July 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 18 August 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
• Thursday, 15 September 2022 commencing at 9:00am.
Local Government NSW Annual Conference 2021
- The Mayor, Deputy Mayor and General Manager will attend the online Annual Conference of Local Government NSW on 29 November 2021.
- The Mayor is nominated as the Council’s voting delegate.
NSW Planning Portal Committee Nomination
Council agrees to delegate Councillor Paul Culhane, Mayor John Stafford and the Upper Lachlan Shire Council’s Director of Environment and Planning as the Southern Regional Planning Panel committee representatives and delegates up until the 4 December 2021 local government elections.
Reports to Council from Committees for August/September 2021
Council received reports from the following committees.
- Cullerin Range Community Fund Section 355 Windfarm Committee (Minutes – 16 August 2021).
- Kiamma Creek (Pat Cullen Reserve) Landcare Group 2020/2021 Correspondence in lieu of Annual General Meeting – August 2021).
- Local Traffic Committee (Minutes – 2 September 2021)
- Traffic Safety concerns at the Intersection of Gunning Street & Chapel Street, Dalton 2581.
- Request to install `Give Way’ sign at the intersection of Woodhouselee Road and Roslyn Road, Roslyn 2580.
- New Parking Bays and Line Marking arrangement on Robertson Street, Crookwell 2583.
- Concept Plan of proposed pedestrian crossing work at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Crookwell 2583
- Request to install Gunning Bicentennial Signage on Gundaroo Road and Yass Street, Gunning 2581.
Hardship requests for rebates of water used.
- Council approved a write-off of $5,244 being 50% of the balance owing for water use charges on Assessment Number 4305, at 1A Walsh Street Taralga, for the Taralga and District Showground and Co-Operative Ltd.
- Council approved a write-off of $2,151 being 50% of the balance owing for water use charges on Assessment Number 589, at 30 East Street Crookwell, for the Crookwell AP&H Society.