Dwelling Entitlements

When buying a property, especially a vacant site, a very important question is 'can I build a dwelling-house on the land?'

You may have seen or heard this referred to as a dwelling entitlement. A dwelling entitlement refers to the ability of Council to approve a dwelling on a certain property. In this regard advice pertaining to dwelling entitlements within the Upper Lachlan Shire is available by submitting a Request for Property Information application.

Advice given regarding a dwelling entitlement does not confer any reasonable expectation that a dwelling will be approved on the site. In this regard the merit of any proposal must still be considered, and unacceptable impacts on the natural and built environments are not likely to be supported.  

It is noted that the planning regulations that control the erection of dwellings do change over time and it is important that you ensure you have the most up to date advice available.


Property Information Request Form 2016-2017

Property Information Request and Electronic payment form 2016-2017

Contact Details