Council delivers high impact community projects through its Major Projects Area. These are projects allocated after the internal resources are not able to deliver works inline with the requirements of the funding agency.
- Council has consulted with stakeholders in the area and agreed on the scope provided below.
- Site Investigation and preliminary planning is complete.
- Works on site to the east of the Federal Highway is complete.
- Works on two additional sites have commenced, however yet to complete due to wet weather;
- Quotations are received for the remainder of the works and is under assessment.
- Improve drainage in the village of Collector
- 5 (five) areas of significant overland flow have been identified to undertake drainage work in order to mitigate stormwater issues.
Project Schedule (updated 16.7.2019)
- Budget (available) $240,000
- Budget (estimated) $240,000
Upper Lachlan Shire Council is about to commence works replacing one of the toilet blocks in the Gunning Showground with a new and improved amenities facility.
Once completed, the Gunning Showgrounds Amenities Project will include:
- Unisex home/away team changing rooms;
- Disability compliant men’s and women’s bathrooms;
- Referee changerooms;
- A commercial capable kitchen;
- Two storage rooms; and
- A General purpose meeting room
Costing over $800k and funded by the NSW State Government via the Stronger County Communities Fund and Showground Stimulus Program the new Amenities will bring many advantages to users of the Showground; upgraded power, running hot/cold water, and a finished floor height 600mm higher than the existing building to eliminate systemic drainage issues.
During construction the site will be fenced off and access restricted, however the remainder of the Gunning Showground will remain open.
Current plans and drawings for the project can be seen here:
For additional information, contact Council’s Project Manager, Ross Garner on 4830 1000.
The construction of the new Gunning Showgrounds Amenities facility is currently out to tender. The tender will close towards the end of September and will be presented to Council for their consideration at the October General Meeting, with Construction to commence soon after.
The construction program will be dependent on the availability of contractors and lead times of materials, however the ability to complete works before the Gunning Show in February will be a key determining factor in the nomination of the successful tender.
Works demolishing the old toilet block are on hold pending the engagement of successful engagement of a contractor to undertake the remainder of the construction works to reduce the time without permanent toilet facilities.
Aim: To remove aging Timber Bridges and remove the load limit imposed
Remaining bridges and funding details:
- Peelwood Creek Bridge, Cooksvale Rd, Peelwood (total length 22m, width 4.8m)
Bridges Renewal Program (Federal) $552,614 (50%) Fixing Country Bridge (State) $497,352 (45%) Upper Lachlan Shire Council $55,262 (5%) TOTAL $1,105,228
- Crookwell River Bridge, Julong Road 2, Binda (total Length 28m, Width 4.8m)
Bridges Renewal Program (Federal) $768,600 (50%) Fixing Country Bridge (State) $691,740 (45%) Upper Lachlan Shire Council $76,860 (5%) TOTAL $1,537,200
- Burra Burra Creek Bridge, Blue Hill Road, Golspie (total Length 16m, Width 4.8m)
Bridges Renewal Program (Federal) $479,726 (50%) Fixing Country Bridge (State) $431,753 (45%) Upper Lachlan Shire Council $47,973 (5%) TOTAL $959,452
Fabrication of bridges awarded to InQuik Bridging Systems
Contract for construction awarded to Bridge & Civil Pty Ltd
- Fabrication of bridges by InQuik Bridging Systems to commence July 2022
- Delivery of InQuik bridges July / August 2022
- Bridge & Civil will commence works on site mid July 2022
- Order of Construction:
- Crookwell River Bridge, Julong Road, 2.
- Peelwood Creek Bridge, Cooksvale Road
- Burra Burra Creek Bridge, Blue Hill Road
- Completion Target is November 2022 – weather and other conditions permitting