How do I join the Library?
Library membership is free for all residents in the Upper Lachlan Shire and Goulburn Mulwaree Council areas.
If you are under the age of 18 you will need to have a guarantor (such as a parent or guardian) complete the form. The guarantor will need to show identification and sign the membership application form. The guarantor is a person who will take responsibility for items borrowed, lost or damaged.
To become a member of the library you will need to bring proof of your current name and address for either Upper Lachlan Shire or Goulburn Mulwaree Council areas.
Proof of name & address to be in the form of ONE of the following:
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
- Council Rates or Water Notice
- Residential Tenancy Agreement
- Commonwealth or State Electoral Card
- NSW Photo ID Card
- Parent or Guardian's Library Membership (for under 18s only)
Or TWO of the following:
- Electricity Account
- Gas Account
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Telephone Account
- 2 x Official rent receipts from Real Estate Agent
- Bank Statement
- Letter from your employer in our LGA
- Letter from your School/Education Institution in our LGA
To become a member visit the library for an application form, or download the form online below.
Loan Periods and Renewals
All items are available for loan for a period of three weeks.
Loans may be renewed in person at the library; by telephone on 48321048; by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the library's Online Catalogue.
To access your record via the Online Catalogue, you will need your library membership barcode number and PIN.
If you are unsure of your PIN, please contact library staff.
Does the Library accept Donations?
The Library accepts donations from the public. These items may be added to the library's collection as long as the donation falls within the guidelines of the library's Collection Development Policy. Other donated items may be stored for the annual Crookwell Friends of the Library book sale or added to the 'for sale' tables at Crookwell and Gunning Libraries.
All donations become the property of the Library and future decisions to transfer or discard the item remain the right of the Library.
Donations Must be:
- In good condition
- Contain current information
The library will not accept:
- Items which are damaged, watermarked, grubby or contain loose pages
- Items with text underlined, written comments or highlighed text
- Items which have an unpleasant odour, musty, mildew
- Scratched Music CDs, Talking books, or DVDs
- Cassettes and videos
We reserve the right to accept, reject, sell or otherwise dispose of any donated material.
What is the Home Library Service?
If you cannot visit a library, but love to read, listen to music or watch movies the library will come to you. The Home Library Service is a free service for residents in the Upper Lachlan Shire for those people who are aged, ill, or have a disability.
Library staff select items according to the customer's interests. Library volunteers will deliver the items to you fortnightly and will collect previous borrowed items.
Materials that can be borrowed include:
- Books in standard print
- Books in large print
- Talking books
- Music CDs
- DVDs (TV series, movies etc)
For more information please contact the Crookwell Library by phone on 4832 1048, visit the library for an application form, or download the form below.